To find Books, Ebooks & Non-print:
Use the ACM Library Online Catalog by going to the Library Welcome page . This online catalog lists all books, ebooks, and other media located in libraries at both Cumberland and Bedford campuses of ACM. For instructions on how to use the catalog, click on the Help tab above.
Want to browse the shelves for printed books?
Books with Health and medical topics have call numbers beginning with the Letter R.
Books related to Anatomy and Biology are shelved under Q.
To browse for ebooks on Health topics, you might also want to check the following online databases:
Reference Sources (Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, etc.):
Click on the link or click on the Access Research Databases link to the left, and then choose:
The following Health and Medicine books are shelved in your campus library in the Reference section.
- Atlas of pathophysiology Ref RB113 .A87
- Complete guide to symptoms, illness & surgery Ref RC81 .G834
- Dorland's illustrated medical dictionary Ref. R121 .D73
- The Merck manual of diagnosis and therapy Ref. RC55 .M4
- Mosby's dictionary of medicine, nursing & health professions Ref R121 .M89
- PDR nurse's drug handbook. Ref RM301.12 .P38
- Physicians' desk reference PDR Ref RS75 .P5
- Physicians' desk reference for nonprescription drugs Ref RM671.A1 P48
- Professional guide to diseases. Ref RT65 .P69
- Stedman's medical dictionary for the health professions and nursing. Ref R121 .S8
To find Articles in Scholarly Journals, Magazines, & Newspapers (Databases):
From the Library’s Welcome page, click on the Online Databases link on the left. Note: If you are searching from off-campus, you will need to enter your ACM Login first.
Health topics can be found in the following Databases:
(Note: this is a database of full-text articles from professional nursing journals such as Nursing Made Incredibly Easy, etc.)
*Note that PubMed is a free, public database, produced by the National Library of Medicine, available on the web (no login necessary). PubMed does not include the full-text of all articles. If you find a reference in PubMed that is not available for free, in full-text, ask for assistance.
Web Sites: Use search boxes if available.
Need more help? Ask a Librarian:
Main Campus, Cumberland: 301-784-5138
Bedford County Campus (Everett, PA): 814-652-9528 ext. 6206
Or email a question to email@example.com
Use the chat service when available: