Psychology Research Guide
To find Books, Ebooks & Media:
Use the ACM Library Online Catalog by going to the Library Welcome page. Enter a keyword in the catalog search box. This online catalog lists all books, ebooks, DVDs, and other non-print items located in libraries at both Cumberland and Bedford campuses of ACM. For instructions on how to use the catalog, click on the Help tab at the upper right.
Want to browse the shelves for printed books?
Psychology books have call numbers beginning with the Letter BF. Also, books dealing with topics related to social psychology may have call numbers beginning with H. Books dealing with topics related to educational psychology may have call numbers beginning with L. Books dealing with medical aspects of mental health, may have call numbers beginning with R.
To find Articles in Scholarly Journals, Magazines, & Newspapers (Databases):
From the Library’s Welcome page, click on the Access to Research Databases link on the left. The following reference sources offer Psychology topics: Note: if you are searching from off-campus you will need to enter your ACM Login first. Psychology topics can be found in the following:
- Psychology Journals (ProQuest)
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO)
For Education aspects related to Psychology, try:
- ERIC (EBSCO)
- Education Journals (ProQuest)
For Health aspects (treatment and diagnosis of mental disorders, etc.) try:
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic (EBSCO)
Reference Sources (Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, etc.):
Online: From the Library Welcome page, click on the Access to Research Databases link on the left. The following reference sources offer Psychology topics:
- Britannica Online
- Credo Reference: a collection of online reference sources on many Psychology topics. Click on Psychology to explore the numerous Topics pages or enter specific keywords in the search box.
- Click here for a Libguide on Psychology from Credo Be sure to check out the various tabs at the top.
- Health reference series (Omnigraphics) includes several titles dealing with Psychology topics, such as Anxiety Disorders, Depression, Mental Health Disorders, etc. Browse the list or enter keywords in the search box for specific subjects.
- Student handbook to psychology series (from Infobase ebooks)
- A dictionary of psychology, Ref. BF31 .C65 2015
- APA dictionary of psychology, Ref.BF31 .A65 2015
- The Corsini encyclopedia of psychology, Ref. BF31 .C66 2010 v.1+ (Cumberland only)
- Encyclopedia of Psychology, Ref. BF31.E52 v.1-
Web Sites: Use search boxes if available.
Need more help? Ask a Librarian:
Main Campus, Cumberland: 301-784-5138
Bedford County Campus (Everett, PA): 814-652-9528 ext. 6206
Or email a question to firstname.lastname@example.org
Compiled by C. Prezlock email@example.com 8/2018